Hostile Sun RPG Playtest
Players learn about Alchemy and uncover explorers on the strange moon that is infested with Moon Mason Bees
Playtesting and Rules Updates
Under a Hostile Sun Playtests on Youtube
- Under a Hostile Sun is being refined through playtesting. If you want to see the playtesters in action, check out our YouTube channel.
- Much has been learned and much has been adjusted. The link on the home page connects to the newest ruleset and of course any updates are also on itch.io.
- Some of the pages on this site might still reflect older rules. These will be updated soon.
- Opportunity is now handled with a dice roll at the end of each round – the size of which changes depending on round number and the environments risk level.
- Movement is now done with squares instead of hexes. Characters have better movement rates than before.
- Alchemy and creature rules have been heavily revised and streamlined.
- There are now six character Archetypes – the Aerospace Doctor, the Priest of the Immutable, the Roboticist, the Smuggler, the Beast Rider, the Hallowed Hunter and the Chemist.
- Pets consist of a Buff given to the tamer, stat pools that can be spent to allow the tamer to reroll a check with the corresponding stat, a Food Resource that is used to refresh that stat pools and a conversion to an elite currency the pet can perform if given the correct resources.
- All images in the rulebook are now made with Photoshop and licensed stock images or hand drawn images.